Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800: Does anyone know the frame rate of the HDMI 4.2....

Robman3

West of Santa Monica, US
1842 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800: Does anyone know the frame rate of the HDMI 4.2.2 output?"

Robman3 Registered since 12th Apr 2010
Fri 09-Mar-12 07:47 AM | edited Fri 09-Mar-12 04:32 PM by Robman3

Mike thanks,

I suppose I could have looked all of that up, sometimes it is best to ask others here.

The debate lingers now with the 5DIII, using I slices/frames only for output and the native ISO hitting 25,000+.

That will still only output 4.2.0 but the Canon set infers that moire/aliasing are all but eliminated in the new body,plus the high ISO is "noise" free. A compelling case for film makers.

TBD I suppose, and the difference for the D800 still has no ready answers, as to the density for the native MP files in FX, or DX mode as far as actual hands on testing is concerned. 36 for the 800, 24 for the MK3 and 18 for the D4.

Nikon also touts negligible moire etc, plus the direct HDMI out, so we'll see which compression algorithms are static via these new sensors, in actual real time.

So far, the videos from both brands are impressive and would be, given that crew aspects, are used to stage promo content.

Time will tell.

Thanks again,

Rob

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800: Does anyone know the frame rate of the HDMI 4.2.... [View all] , Robman3 , Mon 05-Mar-12 09:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800: Does anyone know the frame rate of the HDMI ...