Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Native" R...

MotoMannequin

Livermore, CA, US
8582 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Native" Resolution Prints?"

MotoMannequin Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography Registered since 11th Jan 2006
Sat 03-Mar-12 09:43 PM

>I mean if you are looking at a 13 X 19 print from 6MP vs 12MP
>from 6" away then you will see a difference between the
>two ....probably not from a more realistic distance as if it
>was hanging on a wall. So It has everything to do with your
>example. Some people are anal and will put thier face right up
>to the print and scrutinize it. All I meant by !00% crop was
>if you were to view each in thier native resolution on a
>computer at 100% then you would see quite a difference in
>detail captured. Perhaphs I drifted off topic a bit or should
>have clarified.

Well, viewing at 100% crop on a computer has absolutely nothing to do with anything anyone was talking about in this thread.

And I'll still disagree on the 13x19" print. I've got then scattered all over the walls in my house and several more in storage between shows. I'd be willing to lay down some odds you wouldn't be able to walk through and tell the 6's from the 12's.

Larry - a Bay Area Nikonian
My Nikonians gallery

www.tempered-light.com

This is a hot, active topic! Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Native" R... [View all] , jim thomas Silver Member , Fri 02-Mar-12 07:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Nativ...