Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Native" R...

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4954 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Native" Resolution Prints?"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sat 03-Mar-12 09:32 AM | edited Sat 03-Mar-12 09:39 AM by KnightPhoto

I am not a printer, so take this for what it's worth

Isn't the answer that no, at that size you will have a difficult time seeing a difference in resolution? However, this thought experiment assumes the quality of the sensor results is the same from the two cameras and just their resolution is different? But for things like Dynamic Range and Noise and Colour and Tonality and 14-bit vs. 12 and probably some things I am forgetting the D800 will so thoroughly trounce the D200 that those aspects should be evident and obvious in the final print even though the print resolution might be the same?

I am not getting one for a long while but I have been on D800E, off, and now leaning back on 800E again. If moire shows to be infrequent in peoples day to day results that would swing me more firmly in the 800E camp. But no more propensity for video moire is also important to me so I'll be watching folks results for that too.

Enjoy the D800/E!!

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

This is a hot, active topic! Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Native" R... [View all] , jim thomas Silver Member , Fri 02-Mar-12 07:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Will Higher Resolution of D800 Be Visible in "Nativ...