Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
richardd300

Dyserth, UK
4561 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 and DX Lenses"

richardd300 Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Apr 2009
Thu 15-Mar-12 12:33 PM | edited Thu 15-Mar-12 12:33 PM by richardd300

Please forgive me if my comments were thought inapproriate and like you I applaud Nikon and Canon etc for getting production moving after such a disaster. Like all citizens worldwide we watched and have continued to watch the horrors unfold. It was a trite statement with no malice intended.

One thing I would say though, sure the D4 and many D800's for professional photographers perhaps and I hope I am wrong, but it's possible and highly probable that "Joe public" will be restricted to compact cameras only. It is more and more the case in the UK where dSLR and even more so fitted with longer lenses are not allowed in stadia. This happened to a friend last year in Manchester and Birmingham major sporting events and was forced to leave his camera at provided secure baggage area at the stadium entrance. Of course if this is the case they can still happily record images of tourist London and the UK. This, I don't think, is about security but Health and Safety and the risk of bashing someone when trying to get "that shot"! That what my friend was told to.

Yes, I shall continue with my D7000, but I'll also keep watching the bulletin boards.

Richard

Visit my Nikonians gallery

Visit my website www.pixels4u.co.uk
The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. Einstein

A general, generic topic D800 and DX Lenses [View all] , N80 Silver Member , Tue 13-Mar-12 11:54 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 and DX Lenses