Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SUITABLE CF AND SD CARD FOR D800

icslowmo

Surprise, US
613 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SUITABLE CF AND SD CARD FOR D800"

icslowmo Registered since 01st Jan 2012
Sun 18-Mar-12 11:31 PM

I would guess card size might be more of concern here.... I feel 32gb cards are needed for full size RAW files... You could also shoot lossless 14-bit at about 42mb each which would help with smaller cards..... the D800 isn't what I would call a speed camera at 4 fps, but the extra speeds of faster CF/SD cards I'm sure would help buffer clearing times... I have a 32gb 90mb/sec CF card waiting for my D800 to show up.... I believe that is the 600x speeds.... here is a link with several CF cards tested in a D4 for speeds compared to new XQD cards.... 600x cards are as fast as I would spend money on for a D800.... hope this helps:

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-11674-12366

Chris

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic SUITABLE CF AND SD CARD FOR D800 [View all] , marccarl21 , Sun 18-Mar-12 09:19 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SUITABLE CF AND SD CARD FOR D800