Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Live View Examples

EnviroBob

Franklin, US
117 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D800 Live View Examples"

EnviroBob Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Aug 2007
Sun 25-Mar-12 08:41 PM | edited Mon 26-Mar-12 12:29 PM by EnviroBob

I was lucky to get a D800 at my local Best Buy and have had some time this weekend to get to know this new camera. Apart from the higher resolution and cropping ability of this larger sensor, one thing I found when photographing small birds is how much improved live view is on this camera and how well it works focusing.

I also recently acquired a Nikon 300 f4 from a fellow Nikonian and used this lens to take the attached images. The first image is with the 300 f4 only and is about 75% cropped and the next one is with the same lens but with the Nikon 2x teleconverter version II and is about 50% cropped. Both images were composed, focused and shot using live view. Also, both images were shot in NEF, processed in NX2, cropped and sharpened only.

I'm really enjoying this camera and I know it will take my meager skills to a higher level.

D800 Live View, 300f4@300mm, ISO 100, 1/250s, F5.6 using SB700 TTL in commander mode

Click on image to view larger version

D800 Live View, 300f4 with Nikon 2x teleconverter 2@600mm, ISO 400, 1/320s, F10 using SB700 TTL in commander mode
Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

My Website: http://www.wheatonimages.com

My Photoblog: http://www.wheatonimages.com/blog/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 Live View Examples [View all] , EnviroBob Silver Member , Sun 25-Mar-12 06:41 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Live View
Reply message RE: D800 Live View