Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2807 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Fri 23-Mar-12 02:21 PM

Whooo.... I just looked at that spreadsheet after setting up my camera. That's very comprehensive. I use about 1/10 of that stuff!

Honestly for me, once the camera has a basic setup with my metadata, clock, and so forth, The only things I change are the focus points depending on my sport/subject, ISO, mode, and other basics. I don't fool with picture controls because I shoot RAW. I shoot in 5:4 crop mode because I sell 8x10s and 4x5. And now 16x20s I guess.

My primary slot will always be CF, Active-D lighting is on Auto (which will slow the camera down in frame rate).

Most other things I find to be just user preference, or game-time decisions. For the most part, these things are just glorified film cameras to me so I only tend to sweat the things that affect picture quality, exposure, and focus. All the convenience features I leave to the younger guys with more time than me to figure them out.

It is remarkable how similar everything is to the D7000. Not sure if that's good or bad. But one thing that absolutely pisses me off is that I can't set up my focus points or other settings without a lens attached. None of my cameras are stored with lenses on them, so before a shoot, I have to put a lens on the thing just to prep. PITA.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA [View all] , chroaz Silver Member , Tue 20-Mar-12 10:32 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA
Reply message RE: D800 Configuration Settings Spreadsheet_BETA [b]*NE...