Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Best Setting - Sports?

mountainrivera

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Best Setting - Sports?"

mountainrivera Registered since 08th Nov 2011
Mon 04-Nov-13 09:21 AM | edited Mon 04-Nov-13 09:21 AM by ericbowles

I know folks say the D800 is not a sports camera but I am not a spray and pray shooter and just don't have the patience to sift through 1k+ pics so the d800 is not a hinderence as far as FPS. I shot my first football game with the d800 using a 70-200 F4 with a 1.4 TC shutter speed 1000 - AF-C. Coming from Canon (5diii - 70-300mmL) I found I had less keepers with my new Nikon setup. Chalking it up to a learning curve, was wondering if any shooters out there have any tips like number of focus points to activate etc. Thanks in advance.

As for the term sports camera, I wonder how many FPS the cams that caught these pics have

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Best Setting - Sports? [View all] , mountainrivera , Mon 04-Nov-13 08:21 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Best Setting - Sports?