Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with memory card + iMac

FredB D3

Indialantic, US
1169 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Problem with memory card + iMac"

FredB D3 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2008
Mon 04-Nov-13 11:06 AM

Hi Zari,

Will your camera read the card and write to it - that is, can you put the card back into the camera and take some more pictures that you can download as you have in the past, and will these pictures be read (can you see the images)?

If the pictures you are having problems with cannot be read, how do you know something was written to them that is causing the problem, and that the problem is not a faulty memory card?

Last week I sent a Lexar CF card to Lexar under warranty. Nothing would read the card - neither my Lexar card reader nor any of our cameras. Although the cameras recognized that the card was in the slot, none of them would reformat the card.

You might try Lexar's 24/7 "Live Chat" Support here. It took a a couple exchanges of correspondence before Lexar told me all of the information their lab would require in order to approve my returning the CF Card. Below (copied/pasted from their eMail) is the information Lexar requires, but they need to send you an RMA # before you can send them the card:

-What camera model was it used in?

-Which firmware revision is the camera running?

-What brand and model card reader was the card used in?

-If applicable, has the card reader firmware been upgraded?

-What where you doing with the card the first time this issue occurred?

-If the card was in a camera when the issue first happened, what was the camera's battery level?

-How and where do you store your cards between shoots?

-Is the card used in multiple cameras? If yes, which models?

-Is the card formatted in the camera before each use?

-Has the card ever been formatted on a computer? Mac or PC?

-Is the card recognized in any other device? If yes, which device or devices?

Fred
Florida, USA

A general, generic topic Problem with memory card + iMac [View all] , zari1 , Sat 02-Nov-13 06:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with memory card + iMac