Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Why Is a D800e Available Relatively Often at KEH?

Jim Mohundro

Seattle, US
450 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Why Is a D800e Available Relatively Often at KEH?"

Jim Mohundro Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Jul 2008
Sun 27-Oct-13 05:08 PM

Although with rebates available for a few days yet, I really want to take a close look at the about to be new "DF" before I commit to a D800e. It seems as if the body onlyv price for the new camera will be ptetty close to that of the D300e, and I think I can, as a long-time Nikon F film shooter, comfortably live with 16Mp in what is said to be a body somewhat lighter than my current D700.

If I end up going for a D800e from KEH instead of a more expensive but Nikon-warranteed new model from B&H or from one of my two local retailers. (I'd prefer to buy locally but when the purchase is likely to be north of $3,000, then the 10% state sales tax is a big hit snd maybe half the price of a good prime lens).

My questions: Why would one sell a perfectly good D800e body to KEH? Would one be "upgrading" to a Nikon in the D3 or D4 range, or to a Canon, or would one be discouraged by either some extradordinary demands on one's photography skills, or discouraged by some "left focus issues" with the D800e one is selling? And, if the latter, does KEH sufficiently test the cameras it purchases to rule out the focus issue as any sort of problem before KEH rates the camera?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Why Is a D800e Available Relatively Often at KEH? [View all] , Jim Mohundro Silver Member , Sun 27-Oct-13 04:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Why Is a D800e Available Relatively Often at KEH?