Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Battery "Age" info on D800

RJLOMMD

Owings Mills, US
286 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Battery "Age" info on D800"

RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 06th Jul 2004
Thu 24-Oct-13 02:02 AM

Thanks for your comments. At least I know I'm not alone in this. I understand from Scott that batteries are not covered by Nikon. This may be true but how did they handle the problem with the EN-EL3 several years ago? Wasn't there some problem?

But all this seems to focus on what the battery is "telling" the D800. I wonder if there is a problem in the way the *camera* is processing the information from the battery. This would be a defect in the camera, not the battery. Perhaps some Nikonian who has two D800's or some other camera which uses the EN-EL15 could check to see of the same battery reading is given by both cameras. Wouldn't that tell where the fault lies?

R.J.L
Owings Mills, MD

Nikonians Gallery
Picasa Gallery
PBase Gallery

----------------------
enjoying many years "playing through the viewfinder"...but now getting more serious about making quality images.

A topic tagged as having a question Battery "Age" info on D800 [View all] , RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Tue 22-Oct-13 11:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Battery "Age" info on D800
Reply message Grip?
Reply message Bogus age indicator?