Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

A Conversation with D800

Ferguson

Cape Coral, US
5701 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: A Conversation with D800"

Ferguson Silver Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for the generous sharing of his high level expertise in the spirit of Nikonians Nikonian since 19th Aug 2004
Mon 26-Mar-12 07:02 PM

>A great post on D800 for those of us who yearn to own one at
>manusurovs.com.

What do you mean yearn to own... it's a cautionary tale for those who do own as well, and are hearing that voice in our head already.

True story -- it caused me to buy a 24-70 that I had every intention to wait. I got the camera completely unexpectedly while travelling, then here I was with this body, and no lens, and not going to be home for a solid week. And every few weeks in my manic/depressive cycle (otherwise known as NAS or NOT NAS), I wanted that lens, then decided to wait for a VR variant.

The D800 voice in my head pushed me over the edge, dropped by Calumet (sadly here I was in Chicago with a real camera store nearby) and now I have a lens I never intended to buy, and my investment just went up like 70%.

And today thinking of ordering new CF and SD cards.

Everything in that skit is true. It's not fiction. Beware!!!!

Comments welcomed on pictures: Http://captivephotons.com

A general, generic topic A Conversation with D800 [View all] , dchak Silver Member , Mon 26-Mar-12 01:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: A Conversation with D800