Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Price Reduction?

KnightPhoto

Alberta, CA
4962 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Price Reduction?"

KnightPhoto Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Dec 2006
Sun 20-Oct-13 07:08 PM

I was just noticing the other day that the D4, D800/E, and D610 (anyways ) have not yet dropped a nickel here in Canada after 18 months, at least at the dealer I use to monitor this sort of thing. To some extent I take this to mean that rate of production of the Sendai plant in Japan (D4/D800) is somewhat closely matching demand.

Nikon seems to design their strategy on maintaining, as much as possible, body prices, especially in the FX side of the lineup. Although I see in the UK retail prices do drop dramatically over time and in the USA you seem to get the "buy together and save" options.

Off topic, BUT I would LOVE to see what fps a D800S with EXPEED4 could do! D4S, D800S, D620 all with EXPEED4 would be what I would do as Nikon CEO, and I'd do it for competitive reasons to stay ahead of Canon and that upstart Sony
The above would certainly be a cost to Nikon, but they need to be nimble in today's hyper-competitive market. At least until Nikon's mirrorless lineup grows beyond the Nikon 1 line (which it surely will do).

Best regards, SteveK

'A camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera.' -- Dorothea Lange
My Nikonians gallery
My Nikonians Blog

A general, generic topic D800 Price Reduction? [View all] , Richard Jernigan Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 17-Oct-13 06:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Price Reduction?