Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Price Reduction?

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10537 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Price Reduction?"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 18-Oct-13 11:43 AM

I agree - I would not expect to see the D800 have a lower price because of anything Sony or Canon releases. But we have seen some price reduction and promotional discounts on the D800. It's been out for 18 months and is at that stage when the price starts to drop a little.

There are a lot of differences between Sony's new release and the D800. Just the sensor and mirrorless design fail to tell the whole story. But it is an interesting development and part of a trend to mirrorless.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Fall Workshops - Fall Color in the Smokies

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic D800 Price Reduction? [View all] , Richard Jernigan Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 17-Oct-13 06:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Price Reduction?