Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Lag

White Rock British Columbia, CA
456 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tempted by the D800"

Lag Registered since 28th Aug 2004
Sun 13-Oct-13 07:55 PM

Thank you all for your detailed feedback, with many good points raised,,. This seems an awkward decision mainly due to the incredible results obtainable from my current kit especially for traveling,,. The D300/D700 with compatible media, battery systems, grip plus usually just three interchangeable lenses have made for a highly versatile relative light weight bag,,. I've always travelled with a backup body and have regarded this as necessity even though I've never had a Nikon camera let me down,,.

1) Good point on the D800 crop factor rendering the D300 reach obsolete,,.

2) I tend to agree with the comment that the D700 wont get used very much, even a the smaller file size could be set on the D800 if that were a need at some point,.

3) An interesting scenario that someone raised is that I could get a D7100 & a D800 and off set the costs with the proceeds of the sale of both of my current cameras,,. This would upgrade my entire kit to state of the art, med. format capable resolution, with effective warrantee's ect,,. Perhaps this would bring back the compatibility I currently enjoy as far as the media and battery systems are concerned? I've never looked at the D7100 and I sure never thought that buying two new cameras would be a consideration prior to poising these questions,,.

Thanks for all who responded and Best regards to all Nikonians,,.

Lyle,,,,,,,,.

My Images,.
https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=71206

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Tempted by the D800 [View all] , Lag , Sat 12-Oct-13 04:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Tempted by the D800