Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Purchase locally or from B&H?

Wingman

Kimberley, CA
1652 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Purchase locally or from B&H?"

Wingman Silver Member Awarded for sharing his excellent work and continued contribution to the forums, most notably at the Aviation forum. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2002
Mon 07-Oct-13 03:01 AM

I'm also a former Californian now living in British Columbia. I spend a lot of time in the US and do most of my shooting down there. I bought my D800 up here and paid the extra money so if there were issues I could easily get warranty service if needed without cross border issues. I also like to support my local camera store because local stores are a dying breed and mine is a good one. I still buy most of my gear from B and H though, because I do have a US address part of the year and if you ship within the U S the savings are just too good to pass up. As far as I know if I'm living in the U S even temporarily I can get warranty service down there if needed. My situation is different from yours, though, because I do live down there part time.

In reviewing this, I don't think I answered any of your questions though. I'll be interested in any answers you receive. One problem here is also that in 40 years of buying many Nikons I've only ever needed warranty service once so I just don't know much about warranty issues.

My D800 has been utterly reliable without any issues whatsoever...

Neal Nurmi

---Wingman Photo---

This is a hot, active topic! Purchase locally or from B&H? [View all] , gaston Silver Member , Sun 06-Oct-13 04:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Purchase locally or from B&H?
     Reply message Decision made
          Reply message RE: Decision made