I always look at comments like yours with interest. We all struggle with that dilemma but if we listened to it, we'd never do ANYTHING. The instant some new product comes out, it will only be a short while before the next model hits the shelves....and then again....and then again. "It's part of the deal" as my dad used to say.
But I feel your concern as I am looking at a D4 right now as my heavy business season (indoor sports) approaches fast. Do I hold out and wait for the D4(s) , when the D4 itself is a phenomenal tool ?? I must be nuts but it's human nature I think.
As for the D800 or D800e....PULL THE TRIGGER now ! Let the new model be what it will be. Just my opinion.