Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is is safe for me to take my D800 and its lenses on my ...

Bass rock

Scotland, UK
968 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is is safe for me to take my D800 and its lenses on my recumbent trike?"

Bass rock Registered since 21st Dec 2007
Fri 06-Sep-13 07:34 AM

I am getting back into cycling (two wheels). My solution to carrying the camera was quite simple. I already had a rear pannier rack and bag. I simply bought large sheets of 3" thick memory foam from an Ebay supplier and cut it into shapes to fit the top and bottom of my pannier, and sandwich my D700 in between. The foam was cheap, about £5 for a large sheet. I have had no problems or damage to my camera, despite the riding several off-road tracks through woods etc. They foam is not fixed in the bag, so easy to take out when I don't need to carry my camera. However, I usually carry my smaller Lumix GH3 m43 camera this way, so I can also fit cycling stuff (pump, tools etc.) in the bag as well. I don't have a picture to hand of the foam, but here is the bag fixed to the bike.

Bill
North Berwick, Scotland

My Website - https://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/162875" target="_blank">My Nikonians Gallery

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)

A topic tagged as having a question Is is safe for me to take my D800 and its lenses on my ... [View all] , leonardevens Gold Member , Tue 03-Sep-13 11:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is is safe for me to take my D800 and its lenses on...