Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

nikon customer service

Skyco

Roanoke Island, US
173 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: nikon customer service"

Skyco Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Mar 2012
Sat 14-Sep-13 03:08 PM | edited Sat 14-Sep-13 03:15 PM by Skyco

Hi Tom,

I think you have been given great advice, especially from Eric (reply #8). I have had my D800 for over a year and I still love it! The photos I get from it continue to blow me away - especially when printed on metallic paper the subject can look almost three dimensional.

I did have to send my D800 to the Nikon warranty service center in NY. After about two weeks of use (I had D800 withdrawal if I wasn't shooting it a lot every day) I saw it had a crack on the sensor glass. I had never touched the sensor or even lifted the mirror to look at the sensor. I contacted Nikon on line, got a reference number and shipped my camera insured UPS. Two weeks latter to the day it was back in my hands repaired on warranty! I also saw that the focus settings were changed from what I had used and the focus point was set in the far right so I think they also tested for the focus error while they had my camera.

I strongly urge you to get a book on the D800, such as Darrell Young's "Mastering the Nikon D800". This book stays with me all the time and I have dozens of book marks in it. The manual that comes with the camera lists many features but does not give a clue as to how best to use them or how some settings work with each other. Or how you can expect those settings to work best for you. Nikon's D800 Digitutor can also be useful if you haven't already seen it http://www.nikondigitutor.com/eng/d800/index.html

Let me offer an example of the high resolution this camera has to offer. This is a small crop of a mule's eye from a photo that included its head and chest, taken with my old Nikkor 24-85 AF-S G (no VR). The reflection in the eye is my wife and me while I was taking the photo from over six feet away.

Click on image to view larger version

Please click for a larger image.

I hope I have been of help,

Well wishes,

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/skyco_g/

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! nikon customer service [View all] , guitarbts , Mon 02-Sep-13 12:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: nikon customer service