Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

nikon customer service

avisys

Placitas, US
482 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: nikon customer service"

avisys Basic Member
Tue 03-Sep-13 11:26 PM | edited Tue 03-Sep-13 11:31 PM by avisys

In years past, they have been very responsive to correcting screwups (which should not occur, but that's another story).

About three years ago I sent a D2x to Nikon California for CLA. They did the job pretty quickly, for a reasonable price. HOWEVER, when they packed the camera for return, they filled the box half way with foam peanuts, wrapped the camera in plastic wrap (Saran?), and taped the box shut. I'd guess the normal process was to fill the box half way, put the camera in, and then fill it the rest of the way, which they forgot to do.

So the camera body had half the (too large) box to bounce around in during UPS shipment. As one would expect, the box corners were bashed in, so one could easily infer what kind of treatment the box and bouncing camera had experienced. When the UPS driver handed the box to me, he shook it to demonstrate the contents flopping around. "There's a CAMERA in there?!!!?" he asked, as he noted the condition on his magic device.

I didn't even bother to check the camera out --- I could never be confident that camera was not damaged internally. I took some photos of the packaging and sent them to the repair center manager. No questions asked, he immediately sent me a D2Xs, new in box. He asked for return of the D2x, which I did, but I'd bet it wouldn't have mattered.

AviSys

This is a hot, active topic! nikon customer service [View all] , guitarbts , Mon 02-Sep-13 12:26 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: nikon customer service