Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 images can't be used with just upgraded LR 4

sigint17

Lincoln, US
46 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D800 images can't be used with just upgraded LR 4"

sigint17 Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2010
Sat 24-Mar-12 06:18 PM

In spite of what Adobe claims it doesn't seem to allow one to use LR 4 with the D800. While Capture NX 2 does allow one to manipulate the D800 images, it doesn't have the great cataloging "keywords" etc. capability of LR. I bought the new LR 4 so it isn't a trial version problem.

Has anyone else had and fixed this problem? I was not using Live View which Adobe does say will stop you from being able to import image. All my images are 14 bit RAW. I do not use JPEG. While I need someone else to verify it D800 sharpness seems poor at best. I've used tripod, f13 f stops, 1/8000 shutter speed, etc. and I am not impressed. I suspect I am the problem but I sure didn't have these problems with my D3X.

I think I am the only one with a D800 that I know. My local camera store said I was number one on the list to get a D800 but when only two arrived, I was all of a sudden number three. I went to Best Buy and got one immediately. I have a second D800E on order but if I can't resolve these problems I will cancel the order.

Any ideas from you new D800 owners?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! D800 images can't be used with just upgraded LR 4 [View all] , sigint17 Silver Member , Sat 24-Mar-12 05:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 images can't be used with just upgraded LR 4