Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Problem with monitor??

jamesvoortman

Durban, ZA
1479 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Problem with monitor??"

jamesvoortman Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Sep 2004
Mon 02-Sep-13 09:42 AM

My D800 has NEVER done this. However, due to the large file sizes, when you use the rear LCD/monitor to select pics via the thumbnail view, the camera can take quite a while to load all the thumbnails and during this time the screen may be blank.

I'm going to suggest that it may be related to a memory card issue because it seems the camera is struggling to retrieve image data from the card.

This could be due to faulty card, dirty contacts or firmware incompatibility issues between card and camera. remove the card, check all contacts are clean and that there is no lint/fluff in the card slot (but don't poke anything in there to dislodge it!). If necessary try purchasing a new card of well established brand or since D800 gives you one SD and one CF card slot, get a card that will fit in the other slot until you get the problem fixed.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

A general, generic topic Problem with monitor?? [View all] , RJLOMMD Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 29-Aug-13 06:51 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Problem with monitor??