Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Hands on D800 Diary - First 3 days

dhmiller

US
899 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Hands on D800 Diary - First 3 days"

dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Tue 27-Mar-12 06:56 PM | edited Wed 28-Mar-12 12:27 AM by dhmiller

Thanks very much for your posts and the info at your blog. I had a chance to look at a D800 yesterday and am curious why you would choose to crop in the camera as opposed to cropping on your computer. Since the image in the viewfinder is exactly the same in FF or DX mode (only the black format outline changes in the VF), I don;t see any advantage to cropping in camera - certainly doesn't help you focus any better since the image is exactly the same (guess you could use LV and zoom in, but that;s not practical in many cases).
So what is your thinking on that subject? I am "replacing" my D7000, which I use primarily for long shots (with my D700 on the other shoulder for closer shots), and was thinking that the VF would actually change with crop mode (okay, so I wasn't actually "thinking..") But in any curious, any thoughts on that?
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Hands on D800 Diary - First 3 days [View all] , ndanson1 , Mon 26-Mar-12 11:47 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Hands on D800 Diary - First 3 days