Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Henry64

DK
142 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800E on the way."

Henry64 Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Jan 2008
Sat 31-Aug-13 07:29 AM

jezzes chr. are you guys lotto winners, are you divorced or singles - man, stocking 400, 500, 600, and an incoming 800 + a D4 and D800 body, and I assume also stocking the holy trinity. I hope you are well insured.

What a fantastic setup to own, but I'm not sure I would even dare to leave home, I don't own half of what you have got and still I'm worried when I leave the house - insured or not, no one want to loose this kind of stock.

Anyway, I have a MD12 for my D800s, the built quality is better than the copy grips and it fits tighter and when fitted it doesn't feel as much like it's an add-on as the copies does. The thing is, I just don't use it any more, I tend to just carry one or two extra batteries in my pocket or bag, and usually I never need to replace the battery during a whole day of shooting, well of course, if I'm using my 500 with VR on for shooting trackdays it drains much faster, but I have basically stop VR anyway.
I have switched off the auto preview, in fact I did that many years ago and that preserves quite some energy.

Congratulations on the purchase, remember to be patient and it will reward you big time.

Keep us posted on you progress

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800E on the way. [View all] , limnos64 Gold Member , Sun 11-Aug-13 07:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800E on the way.