Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
GrtDay

Katy, US
35 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message-Dump the aftermarket battery pack"

GrtDay Registered since 09th Nov 2002
Mon 09-Sep-13 03:32 AM

I'm with you...I could not believe a 3rd party grip could do the things that it apparently did. I mean the Chinese dissected the MB-12 and copied it...didn't they?

Nikon had me send them my D800, battery, lens, SD card, etc. Every thing but the grip. I even had the SD card where the viewfinder showed 1/2 frame. Don't know about video.
Nikon put 2,000 cycles on the shutter and could not duplicate the problem. The 1/2 frames were not on the card and the camera a was not exhibiting "ERR" when it got to LA. They returned it to me with a "we find this camera meets spec and there is nothing wrong with it."

Next couple of days, in a shoot, I saw the dreaded 1/2 frame in the viewfinder and then found my last few frames were not recorded on the card. I also found the battery in the aftermarket MB-12 was near 0%. The camera battery as a 59%.
What was your battery level?
Bottom line....I'm still running the aftermarket pack, but as soon as I get my next commission check, it's going on Ebay cheap and I am ordering the MB-12. It just KILLS me to shell out even more but I guess it to be worth it.
Please keep us informed as to what you find.
BTW...

As always, please have a Great Day!

This is a hot, active topic! D800- "ERR" message [View all] , GrtDay , Fri 02-Aug-13 03:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800- "ERR" message
Reply message REsponse: D800- "ERR" message
Reply message REsponse: D800- "ERR" message
     Reply message RE: REsponse: D800- "ERR" message
          Reply message REsponse: REsponse: D800- "ERR" message
               Reply message D800- "ERR" message- ERR message
                    Reply message RE: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message
                         Reply message REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message
                         Reply message Update- REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message
                              Reply message RE: Update- REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message
                                   Reply message Response: Update- REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR m...
                                        Reply message RE: Response: Update- REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- E...
                                             Reply message REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message-Dump the aft...
                                             Reply message RE: REsponse: D800- "ERR" message- ERR message-Dump the...