Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!

scopeland

Rochester, US
320 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!"

scopeland Registered since 17th Apr 2009
Wed 28-Mar-12 07:01 PM

To the point that FPS doesn't need to be the only (or even primary) feature for a sports camera....

Until recently I was shooting high school sports with a gripped D700. No real complaints. Love the D700 overall and it was plenty fast in terms of frame rate.

I had a chance to upgrade to a D3s, so I did. But it wasn't for the frame rate at all - it was for the extra stop or two of ISO performance. Shooting under the lights at high school events can be fairly tough at times. With the D700 I could get away with ISO 6400 in a lot of cases, but with the D3s I can go to 12,800 or possibly even a bit further. That's huge for me as it allows me to keep my shutter speeds in the range I want in order to freeze the action.

So for me, higher ISO (and thus shutter speed) far outweighed frame rate in value.

Steve

Visit my Main site or my Sports site

A general, generic topic Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem! [View all] , piniongear , Mon 26-Mar-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order proble...