Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2817 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Tue 27-Mar-12 06:05 PM

Too true man.. too true.

I am best at shooting soccer? Why? Because I coached it for 19 years, and still do. I know where the play is going to develop before most of the players do. And I am there, waiting for them with the camera. I played numerous sports at different levels. Basketball, tennis, soccer, golf (badly), volleyball, wrestled, etc. Having a good understanding of SPORTS allows a photographer to get the moments other's usually miss.

I would be remiss in saying the gear doesn't matter. If you can't get the shot because the gear won't let you, then the gear is a limitation. For outside, day time sports, we have LONG passed the technical issues of the gear being good enough. Indoors under poor light and WITHOUT the benefit of strobes, well that's a bit more dicey. And outdoors under the lights is hit or miss depending on the lights.

The truth is, I could take my D200 and get 80% of what I get now on the D3s or the D800. But it's that elusive goal of trying to produce more keepers, more spectacular work that keeps me going forward with the gear. I suspect it's the same for most.

I was shooting birds today at lunch. With my 300/2.8 and a 1.4x tele, and wishing I had a 600mm and a 2x tele!

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem! [View all] , piniongear , Mon 26-Mar-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order proble...