Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2817 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Tue 27-Mar-12 03:20 PM

>I guess we can thank you and Perrone for confirming what Nikon
>have stated; that the D800 is not a sports camera...that's the
>D4 (sorry, I've posted something about the D4 in the D700/D800
>forum...) and at 4fps, really, a sports camera????, not really
>rocket science is it.

I still don't understand what 4fps has to do with the camera being a sports camera. The D2x was one of the worlds leading sports cameras for years... and it shot 5fps. The F4/F4s was the leading sports camera in the world and it shot 3-5fps. And the AF was not much faster than manually focusing.

I have a feeling that when I put the D800 into single point focus, and put a grip on it, it will make a reasonable sports camera. At least for those of us who are not obsessed with frame rate.

I'll be perfectly honest with you. 95% of my sports shooting is single-shot. Just like I did with hand-winder film cameras. Even when I shoot 2-3 frame bursts, it's typically my first shot in the series that makes the cut. I've spent 25+ years learning timing. And I am comfortable with my skill. I don't need my camera to shoot 12fps to make up for a lack of timing.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem! [View all] , piniongear , Mon 26-Mar-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order proble...