Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!

DVDMike

Metro Atlanta, US
2225 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!"

DVDMike Registered since 25th Mar 2003
Tue 27-Mar-12 11:31 AM

The D3s is a fast beast. I have a D3 and I know that it is fast. So saying that the D800 is not as good as a D3s in this regard is not really a knock against the D800, especially since we knew that the D800 was not designed to be a sports camera to begin with. I wonder what Perrone would say about the D700 speed compared to the D3s?

The D700 is a great camera. And I don;t fault anyone for wanting to keep it in favor of D800. But if I were comparing the D700 to the D3s, I might be inclined to say that the D700 does compare well against it in terms of speed. A while back, I was shooting HS baseball with my D300 right next to a D700 shooter. And I was firing off shots with no abandon while the D700 shooter was having to time his shots more carefully. For these daylight shots, I am sure that mine were every bit as good as his, only I was able to get a few more shots that he wasn't. But I doubt the D700 shooter was trading his camera in for a D300.

A general, generic topic Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem! [View all] , piniongear , Mon 26-Mar-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order proble...