Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!

piniongear

Houston Texas, US
466 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem!"

piniongear Registered since 29th Jul 2006
Mon 26-Mar-12 02:52 PM

I am very happy to say the issue is settled with regards to my order for a D800.

After reading endless speculation on another thread, about when people expected to receive their D800 shipment.... with many members saying they were the very first person to order on the opening day at 0430AM etc, etc.... so they should be the first to receive the camera.

Well, that did not happen did it?
Those first to order are now jacked out of shape because some members have been able to walk into a camera shop and purchase a D800 and these early order guys are disappointed.

So the bitchin has started and some grumble over B&H business practice and accuse B&H for misleading information.
B&H has no control over the situation.
They continue to take orders because they are in business to sell cameras.
And believe me, that is in their best interest and ours as well.

Ha-Ha! What a circus this has turned into!
I decided to withdraw from that thread because I am so tired of reading the bitchin that is now going on.

If we let our expectations rise to a level far beyond reality, then we are going to be disappointed.
But don't get bitter about it. It is only a camera.

So since I ordered in early February myself and still do not have the D800, I decided to take a positive step to solve the problem.
Calling B&H this morning I canceled both orders for a D800 and a BM-12, both of which are on back order.

Wow! It felt good to take that step!
I am $3000 richer than I was before the call and will just continue to use and enjoy my beloved D700.

Later in the year, when the D800 becomes available in adequate supply I will read reviews from owners and publications to decide if I really need/want to get one myself.

Right now I have come to the conclusion that this is a camera that is not worth the $3K hit to my bank account.
I really don't need a camera with so great of resolution that camera shake can destroy what I am trying to do.
That is simply take a clearly focused photo.

Anyway, I just wanted to post the fact that I no longer have a problem with my D800 order.
Hope you get your problem taken care of soon...... in one way or the other.

Oh, and there is one final item.....
I wish the admin would read the D800/D700 forum closely and see what a circus this is.

I vote we form a D800 forum..... separate from a D700 forum.
That way a new D700 owner could ask a question and hopefully get an answer.
Also it would eliminate weeding through the junk being written with regards to 'When am I gonna get my D800...Sniff, Sob?

Right now these people are buried by the D800 subject.
And no.... it is not going to change soon, so ADMIN....get with it!

If you feel the same, you should make a post requesting this simple change. D800 only and D700 only.
Perry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order problem! [View all] , piniongear , Mon 26-Mar-12 12:52 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Thanks B&H!---.For solving my D800 pre-order proble...