Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

If you're on the fence about a D800 due to size/weight....

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: If you're on the fence about a D800 due to size/weight..."

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Wed 10-Jul-13 04:05 PM

I was shooting an night event 2 weeks ago when a participant pulled out a D800 with 50 1.4.
We chatted fr while traded cameras for a moment and I took a double take and turned it around to see the label. It felt lighter than a d90. I guess I had gotten so used to the weight of the D800 with the grip and two batteries, a 70-200 and SB900 in the hand that I had forgotten that it really is not large or heavy in basic configuration.
It is not a large camera when un-gripped. It was only the first week that I shot without a grip or without extra battery, over a year ago.
It is all relative.....
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic If you're on the fence about a D800 due to size/weight.... [View all] , Surge75 , Tue 09-Jul-13 04:00 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: If you're on the fence about a D800 due to size/wei...