Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800E line on the mirror?!

blw

Richmond, US
28709 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: D800E line on the mirror?!"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Sat 06-Jul-13 09:33 PM

> It rains 80-90 inches per year there, I hope this camera can tolerate a little rain...

That's not a "little" rain, it's a lot. Don't goof around, get one of the rain covers, such as the ones from AquaTech or ThinkTank. (I have both, I prefer ThinkTank.) Then you don't need to worry how much constitutes "a little." I've had cameras out with these covers in as much as an inch per hour of rain and had only incidental water get inside (ie the stuff on my hands, etc). Those covers are expensive ($150) but compare them to the price of a trip to Nikon for repair and they look quite inexpensive. And that's without considering that you get to keep shooting...

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic D800E line on the mirror?! [View all] , SpudRacer , Sat 06-Jul-13 05:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800E line on the mirror?!