Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800E line on the mirror?!

SpudRacer

Bryson City, US
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"D800E line on the mirror?!"

SpudRacer Registered since 06th Jul 2013
Sat 06-Jul-13 07:57 PM

This is my first time here, and my first post.

I just received my new D800E today and was looking it over carefully when I noticed a line across the mirror parallel and near the bottom of the mirror. Initially, I thought it was a scratch, it is easy to see when viewing the mirror at an angle, but when I tilt the camera so I'm looking 90degrees to the plane of the mirror it disappears. When I lifted up the mirror with my fingernail, I see that there is a smaller mirror underneath that quickly folds up into a pocket against the larger mirror as the larger mirror is raised.

The line on the mirror does NOT appear to be on the surface of the glass, more like a shadow of something BEHIND the mirror as if looking through the mirror. The length of the line is not completely across the mirror, the length and location appears to correlate with the bottom edge of the smaller mirror pocket where the smaller mirror folds up into the larger mirror.

PLEASE tell me this is normal!!

I bought this camera for the purpose of taking it to Papua New Guinea on a 12 year mission trip to Ukarumpa and want to photograph and videotape our adventure. It rains 80-90 inches per year there, I hope this camera can tolerate a little rain...

Thanks for any replies,

Tom

A general, generic topic D800E line on the mirror?! [View all] , SpudRacer , Sat 06-Jul-13 05:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800E line on the mirror?!