Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 sharpness help please

chiefmasterjedi

US
313 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 sharpness help please"

chiefmasterjedi Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Feb 2009
Sun 29-Apr-12 06:36 PM

I've had my D800 for 6 days now and I can honestly say that all the posts about needing the best glass and not being able to hand hold are nonsense! The D800 is a great camera and I find it hard to take a bad shot. Now with that being said, it will punish you for poor technique but because the mp count is so high you can get away with not having a perfectly sharp image, as long as you don't need to crop it.
I shot my first glamor session with the D800 yesterday and there were a few shots were I missed focus on the eyes and they were not tack sharp at 100% but you would never know it unless I had to crop the image.

If you are happy with your results then there is no need to worry about what others regard as sharp. Now that I have the D800, I've drawn my own conclusions on how easy it is to get good sharp shots and I'm no longer worried about all the hype. All I have to do now is enjoy taking photos with a great camera.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.
Visit my web site.

A general, generic topic D800 sharpness help please [View all] , davidset Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Sun 29-Apr-12 03:03 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 sharpness help please