Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
dhmiller

US
899 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"focus problems x 3"

dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 19th May 2009
Thu 16-May-13 12:52 PM

I have three symptoms of what appear to be malfunctions with my D800E and curious if anyone has seen any of these.
I look in the VF and everything looks fine - I take a shot, and
1. On some occasions, the next time I look in the VF the image I see is out of focus. Looks almost like a Lensbaby/selective focus effect.
2. On some occasions, the image I see after taking a shot is just dark, perhaps as if I were viewing the image in front of me through a lens that is totally stopped down
3. On some occasions, when I next trey to acquire focus after taking a shot, the lens hunts continuously on won't lock focus on anything, even if the simplest, clearest target.
These three symptoms never happen at the same time (small blessings, I guess!) but I can mitigate all of them by toggling Live View on and off, usually just once.
So when I am experiencing any of these three symptoms, hit LV on, then off, and the problem goes away.

These problems occur no matter what lens (300 f/2.8, 24-70, or 70-200 alt least I have tried. Anyone see a pattern here?? Obviously going back to NIkon for service, but wonder what these issues point to.
Dennis

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic focus problems x 3 [View all] , dhmiller Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 16-May-13 10:52 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: focus problems x 3