Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lens stuck on Nikon D800E

FredB D3

Indialantic, US
1170 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Lens stuck on Nikon D800E"

FredB D3 Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Jun 2008
Tue 14-May-13 07:35 PM

Hi Phillip,

>Was able to get the lens off, there is a small service area
>that need to be poked with a small device. Lens came off, but
>a pin broke, and I will be sending the camera to Nikon for
>service to repair the broken pin.

That is good news-bad news, and still does not explain the initial problem, or necessarily solve it. You might consider sending both camera and lens to Nikon, explaining what happened, and asking Nikon to check the camera-lens fit, in order to make certain that it won't happen again.

I have never heard of the "service area;" has anyone else, and what is it? I'm wondering now if the lens was defective, and that defect caused the problem. If so, and it might be a long-shot, but the lens repair could be covered by your lens warranty if there is one.

Will the lens now attach to the camera, lock, and come off as it should? Or maybe you don't want to try that.

Fred
Florida, USA

A general, generic topic Lens stuck on Nikon D800E [View all] , phfcpa Silver Member , Tue 14-May-13 08:15 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lens stuck on Nikon D800E