Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Schematic of D800 wanted

km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3559 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Schematic of D800 wanted"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Tue 14-May-13 06:44 PM

I doubt one is available. It is not needed for field service by warranty stations or even national distributors since nothing is repaired at the component level. Board level is the closest they get to the details of the circuit. That is pretty normal for electronics now. It is cheaper to stock boards, with their high resale value, and saves a great deal of time to replace a $300 board when a $0.01 SMD cap shorts.
When my SB900 quit, still under warranty, I did not want to incur the $300-400 round trip shipping fee so got into it and found that a chip bypass cap shorted. Replaced it and it has been working great for 3 years. Total cost of parts....I got robbed, the store wanted 2 rubles, or $0.06, 6 times its value.
But much better than the $200-500 entire circuit boards replaced with not more expensive of a part fails in your car or camera body. I collect service manuals for the older cameras when I can find them. I have about 12 in PDF format but the newest one is the D90.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Schematic of D800 wanted [View all] , Cowleystjames Silver Member , Mon 13-May-13 08:42 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Schematic of D800 wanted