Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ajdooley

Waterloo, US
3333 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 File Names"

ajdooley Gold Member Nikonian since 25th May 2006
Mon 06-May-13 10:49 PM | edited Mon 06-May-13 10:52 PM by ajdooley

Dennis -- Your reply reminded me of one other reason I name files this way. I went from a D1X, to a single D100, to a single D200, then a single D700. I frankly didn't think I would have two or more bodies until after I retired from government work and started shooting more professional stuff. One day as I was in the middle of the Mississippi River shooting a tow boat for several hours for a barge company, while $15 million dollars of cargo lay waiting tied up to the shore, it suddenly dawned on me that this would be my first and LAST job for them if my relatively new D700 crapped out. So the next day I ordered a second D700 body. I didn't need to differentiate between images shot with more than one body until then, but this allows me to quickly identify where a problem lies if one crops up and prevents identical file numbers from cropping up accidentally. You just never know when you are going to decide you need to add a 2nd or 3rd body. This ensures you are ready. You can put your initials, your name or your copyright in the comments area.

Alan
Waterloo, IL, USA
www.proimagingmidamerica.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 File Names [View all] , dvhughes Silver Member , Fri 03-May-13 06:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 File Names