Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
walkerr

Colorado Springs, US
16960 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: FocusTune"

walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas Master Ribbon awarded as a member who has gone beyond technical knowledge to show mastery of the art and science of photography   Donor Ribbon awarded for his most generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 05th May 2002
Sun 28-Apr-13 02:18 PM | edited Sun 28-Apr-13 02:24 PM by walkerr

I'll just say that I don't find either the Lens Align or Focus Tune difficult to set up, use and get repeatable results. It's much quicker and easier to use Focus Tune to examine images for maximum sharpness than to do it myself. Having it do multiple samples (the manual recommends ten per fine tuning setting) reduces the effects of random error, which you'll see on some of its plots. On the other hand, the recommended fine tuning amounts with my current lenses and cameras aren't extreme - pretty minor.

Full disclosure: I don't obsess about minor variations in settings, so my experiences and tolerances may be different than others. If I get close, I'm happy and then move on.

Rick Walker

My photos:

GeoVista Photography

A general, generic topic FocusTune [View all] , ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography , Sat 27-Apr-13 09:49 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: FocusTune