Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
kodiak photo

Montréal, (Qc), CA
734 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D3x vs D800"

kodiak photo Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Feb 2013
Thu 02-May-13 12:00 PM | edited Thu 02-May-13 12:03 PM by kodiak photo

Hey Larry,

…I like your idea, and the attribution of attributes:

Whereas the D800 and D800e are female bodies that are:
- Lighter >>>> I like the heavy tools (tool is masculine, right?)! So I got the MD-B12 and filled it up with 8 rechargeable batteries.
- Easier to manhandle >>>> Now it is! …and not so far way from the layout of my D3S/D3X line-up
- A bit slower (I am ducking here) >>>> well, 36MP, as other things do, require compromises and concessions…
- High in noise under the right/wrong circumstances >>>> I have yet to experience that one, mine is a new relationship…
- Greater in depth and creativity >>>> please explain this attribute as how it will differ from my D3S/D3X line-up
- Require gentle handling to produce the best results >>>> yes, I discovered that some fiddling is appropriate!
- Require more time to reach optimum performance >>>> yes, but it's well worth the effort
- Can produce false results if not handled properly >>>> Indeed, but this does not apply only to this set of attributes

At this point in time, I developed a good partnership with my 800E, I can even shoot handheld now that I have accepted the
required compromises and concessions.

Have a good time!

Kodiak
Groovy Shootings
Image Média
www.kodiakmedia.at

A general, generic topic D3x vs D800 [View all] , djreed Gold Member , Sun 21-Apr-13 11:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D3x vs D800