Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800E and image darkening at lower f stops

venusian

US
186 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800E and image darkening at lower f stops"

venusian Registered since 17th Dec 2008
Sun 21-Apr-13 10:25 PM

Metering mode was matrix. The camera was not moved, the light source was constant, focus point was not moved. Light source was a mix of indoor lighting and light from 2 nearby windows. All I did was change the f stops on the camera.

This afternoon I went outside and took hand-held pictures of an almost blue sky. ISO was lowered to 100, but the same f stops described above were used. There was a drop off in brightness going from f/2.8 to f/1.8, but not as much as that seen with the indoor shots.

I repeated this outdoor shooting by taking pictures of a lush hemlock bush...again, there was brightness fall-off between f/2.8 and f/1.8 that was somewhat more pronounced than that seen with the blue sky.

Nick (Roxbury, Connecticut Nikonian)

A general, generic topic D800E and image darkening at lower f stops [View all] , venusian , Sun 21-Apr-13 11:15 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800E and image darkening at lower f stops