Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Remote shutter release for D800 - not wireless

Durham

CA
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Remote shutter release for D800 - not wireless"

Durham Registered since 10th Feb 2013
Tue 16-Apr-13 12:27 AM

I recently bought a Nikon MC30-A, the successor to the MC-30. It costs about $65 from B&H.
Don't be tempted to buy the older and slightly cheaper MC-30 which is still available at some stores and sites. While in most respects the the MC-30 and MC-30A are identical, the thumbwheel for securing the release to the camera is much improved (it's bigger) on the MC-30A, making it a lot easier to attach and remove. It can sometimes be difficult to remove the MC-30, the MC-30A is always easy to remove.
My MC30-A replaces an MC-30, which I bought some years ago for my D200. Once attached, both work on my D800 as claimed - i.e. they duplicate the action of the camera's release button with no problems.

A general, generic topic Remote shutter release for D800 - not wireless [View all] , carlysgranddad , Mon 15-Apr-13 05:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Remote shutter release for D800 - not wireless