Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Image sharpening in camera?

jamesvoortman

Durban, ZA
1468 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Image sharpening in camera?"

jamesvoortman Silver Member Nikonian since 06th Sep 2004
Sat 11-May-13 09:21 AM | edited Sat 11-May-13 09:40 AM by jamesvoortman

>Hi James, I follow you ito using selection brush but don't
>know how to enable extended choices for color control points
>,where would I enable those?
>

OOps! I have not used this method for so long I had forgotten how so looked it up.
Firstly, my apologies; you cannot use a colour control point to sharpen as I wrote above....but you can use a selection control point. In fact you can use a selection control point to do anything in the "Adjust" menu and apply it to that point (or a group of points) rather than to the whole image. I prefer using a selection brush for this but there are instances where a selection control point produces superior results.

Once you have placed the selection control point and sized it, then go to the Edit List on the right hand margin of the NX2 window. the "adjust" section of the list will highlight the selection point you have just placed. you can adjust opacity, the masking method required, feathering etc..... near the bottom of the box is the "Select Adjustment" drop-down box. If you click on this you can select "Focus" and then the sharpening method of choice. I routinely use "Unsharp Mask".

Going back to the colour control points....normally when you place a colour control point and click on it, 4 sliders will appear. Normally by default, these will be for size, brightness, contrast and saturation. Immediately below the bottom slider is a small black triangle. If you click on this, additional colour control sliders will appear.

Have fun practicing!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit

A topic tagged as having a question Image sharpening in camera? [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Mon 01-Apr-13 10:38 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Image sharpening in camera?