Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Difference between the D800 and D800e

noneco

Vancouver, CA
321 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Difference between the D800 and D800e"

noneco Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 12th May 2009
Sun 31-Mar-13 03:10 AM

I second or third all of the above. Last fall I wanted a Nikon for a trip to the Great Bear Rainforest on the northern BC coast. I wanted to capture the animals with the feel of the moss and wet mist so I bought the D800 mainly for the 36Mp sensor. The cropability was also part of my decision. Coming from a D300 I had to rethink my technique a bit. These photos were taken from a zodiac slowly floating up a river – 1/350, f5.6, ISO 1600, 70-200 f2.8 lens. The NEF images were saved as JPGs via the PS “save for web” command. They were zoomed to 25% for full frame, 100% to get a feel for how the mist looked, and 150% to show the cropping possibilities. No sharpening or anything else. The heart shaped mossy branches were run through Photo Ninja and some NIK filters. My desire was to capture the mist and the trees and rocks in the mist. I think the D800 pulled it off.

You can’t go wrong with either camera.

Cal

Click on image to view larger version

Full Frame

100%

150%

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)
Attachment#4 (jpg file)

A general, generic topic Difference between the D800 and D800e [View all] , gaopa Silver Member , Sat 30-Mar-13 12:10 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Difference between the D800 and D800e