Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

WHAT IS A REASONABLE FINE TUNE??

Rickjobson

Windsor, AU
118 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: WHAT IS A REASONABLE FINE TUNE??"

Rickjobson Gold Member Nikonian since 20th Dec 2012
Wed 13-Mar-13 06:39 AM

I have just used the Spyder LENSCAL target and ruler to check 2 brand new 105mm micros, on 2 new D800 bodies. My first attempt was a poor setup with, what seemed very bad results on one camera and lens, I ran out of adjustment at 20...still seemed out.
Next day I set up the target with a studio light on a tripod and was more precise with angles and distances etc. Ended up with much more accurate pattern and brought one lens to 0.0 on most used F stops with a -2 adjustment. The second camera/lens came good at -3 AF fine tune. What started out like one good camera/lens match and a VERY poor second set. Actually was my fault in being sloppy. I am much relieved that both D800 and Lenses are very close out of the box. 2 of my other lenses were so close I didn't adjust at all.
But I personally think that unless its for marco work or VERY precise commercial work.....its not going to make any visible difference.

RickJ

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic WHAT IS A REASONABLE FINE TUNE?? [View all] , avisys , Thu 07-Mar-13 11:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: WHAT IS A REASONABLE FINE TUNE??
Reply message AF fine tuning articles on NANPA forum