Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Fourth Repair Attempt Failure in Progress

johno

St. Louis, US
525 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fourth Repair Attempt Failure in Progress"

johno Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd May 2006
Fri 22-Mar-13 03:50 AM

I'm just glad to have a working camera. I hate Nikon now. There was a lot more screwing around by them I haven't detailed here. One example: send in the camera again, here's a lable. Four days later: don't send it in, we've sent your images to Japan for analysis. 2 weeks later, email from Nikon field rep: your camera is in spec but we are working to improve that spec. 4 weeks later....I call..what the heck? Nikon: ok send it in now.

That sort of stuff. There is more. But time to move on.

I will never buy another Nikon product other than a battery or the like, without waiting 12 months after introduction, and then only from a dealer with a no-hassle return policy.

How I did it: I really think it was an act of God because they insisted until the end that the camera was fine. When they said all my lenses were bad the stage was set. They requested I send all the lenses. Nonsense. They worked ok on my D300 and 700.

By testing those same lenses on a new camera at the dealer, I was able to show them all the lenses worked fine. I uploaded the images. Checkmate.

At this point it's clear they were either lying or incompetent. I'm going with lying because incompetent costs money. Lying can save money.

I never resorted to threats or calling the AG. Government cares nothing for people. The government has been useless since Hoover Dam and the Interstates were built. And the moon landing. That was cool.

Anyway, here's where I went wrong: I sometimes let weeks go by without resending the camera. I should have turned it around immediately, but I wanted it at Christmas, etc. I also wasted a lot of time with silly elaborate "tests."

I had heard honor is a big deal in Japanese culture. Nikon has disgraced itself with its handling of the D800.

So I am not happy. But I am happy to have a working camera.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Fourth Repair Attempt Failure in Progress [View all] , johno Silver Member , Mon 04-Mar-13 10:20 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fourth Repair Attempt Failure in Progress
               Reply message Glad Tidings!
                    Reply message RE: Glad Tidings!