Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New D800 Manual exposure reading is in reverse

ChrisBalcombe

Southampton, UK
4 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: New D800 Manual exposure reading is in reverse"

ChrisBalcombe Registered since 02nd Mar 2013
Sun 03-Mar-13 07:56 AM

Thanks again for the further advice. I 'grew up' in photography always using manual for everything. I never liked to put my trust in automatic settings, and it's hard to drill that out of me nowadays.
Many young photographers who I helped train (I was pic ed at a large UK agency for many years) would be incredulous that we used to shoot football on manual focus.
Ahh, the good old days - fingers itching having spent too long prodding prints in the fixer, 'flashing' a sheet of Ilford paper to get the print even flatter from a really contrasty neg. Hanging our cameras in the neg dryer after a soaking football match. I could go on, and often do...

www.ChrisBalcombe.com
http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisbalcombe/

A topic tagged as in need of help New D800 Manual exposure reading is in reverse [View all] , ChrisBalcombe , Sat 02-Mar-13 12:23 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: New D800 Manual exposure reading is in reverse