Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is Focal reliable ...cant' believe there is a right AF ...

BHirsch

FR
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Is Focal reliable ...cant' believe there is a right AF problem as well :-)"

BHirsch Registered since 21st Feb 2013
Fri 22-Feb-13 03:35 PM

Given all the left AF focus discussion here & on internet I went nervous with my D800 as well . After a lot of reading in discussions which are beyond my technical horizon I decided to buy Focal and test ..with very mixed results so far.Following all the steps

- target printed on mate /heavy paper

- correct lightning

- tripod and no battery grip

I get a- 8 or -11 AF correction for my 24-70 F 2.8 ...which is maybe okay or not . But more surprising is the test of multiple /border AF ...which shows that my outer focus points have a higher accuracy then my central AF point .This can clearly not be the case ... and I aligned both camera and target .. so wondering now .Should I now

- forget to worry about AF and D800 and go out shooting

- be happy that I do not have a left AF problem

- be worried that I have instead a central AF problem (first one here in forum

- start a new alarm on a D800 right focus issue (just kidding)

- or is the overall test not reliable and I should look for the next test ?

Here is the result as screenshot showing central vs out AF point accuracy...oh surprise .. looks like I cant attached a screenshot sorry as basic member ...but you would see that focus on right side is red ...and center AF is not best focus point. If allowed I will link to my post in the DPreview forum :

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3388332

Tanks for any feedback/suggestion

Bjoern

A general, generic topic Is Focal reliable ...cant' believe there is a right AF ... [View all] , BHirsch , Fri 22-Feb-13 02:35 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is Focal reliable ...cant' believe there is a right...