Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need a few more pointers for using my D800 with a Galax...

leonardevens

US
182 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need a few more pointers for using my D800 with a Galaxy Note II smartphone."

leonardevens Gold Member Nikonian since 22nd May 2011
Fri 15-Feb-13 07:05 PM

>A Plamp clamp might work. There are probably better
>solutions, but if you shoot macro and have a Plamp around, it
>would be easy to try.
>Dave Jolley

I found it at B&H Photo. It looks as if it might work and also as if it might be useful for other purposes. But I do have a couple of questions.

The reviews say that the clamp which would hold the phone is weak. Would it be strong enough to hold my (large) Galaxy Note II phone? Also, is there any chance it would damage the phone. I think it would have to encroach partly on the touchscreen.

It looks as if it would be useful for so many things, I may order one and try it ou t.

Leonard Evens
Professor Emeritus, Department of Mathematics, Northwestern University

A general, generic topic Need a few more pointers for using my D800 with a Galax... [View all] , leonardevens Gold Member , Thu 14-Feb-13 11:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need a few more pointers for using my D800 with a G...