Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
4122 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800E Learning curve"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 13-Feb-13 02:06 AM

I've set CF as my primary card. I use a little bit of a mixture

• SanDisk Extreme Pro 90MB/s UDMA7 32GB
  • Lexar 1000X UDMA7 16GB & 32 GB
I always shoot RAW and I share these cards with my D4.

In the SD slot I have SanDisk Extreme Pro 95MB/s 16GB cards. These are used for overflow and for video if I ever try it.

My card reader is a SanDisk ImageMate All-in-One USB 3.0. Previously I used the USB 2.0 version of the same reader. Not only is the new reader noticeably faster on my USB 3.0 capable laptop, but it is also a bit faster on my older USB 2.0 only desktop. It's small, about 4.75 x 1.5 x 0.375 inches (120 x 40 x 10 mm), and easy to carry when I travel.

Michigan has suffered more than many of the other states during the economic problems of the last several years. Things are improving a bit now. I've been retired for 11 years, so I've not been affected by the economy as much as many other people. My 401K took a big hit from the stock market decline at the same time I had to start withdrawing from it, but I'm OK.

It's got to be a big difference for you to be living on a tropical island after living in Michigan.

I agree Greenfield Village and the Henry Ford Museum are fantastic. I've lived in SE Michigan all my life, but it took me until my kids were in upper elementary school to get there. Once I found Greenfield Village and the HF Museum, I keep going back, even well after my kids are out on their own.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

This is a hot, active topic! D800E Learning curve [View all] , dhle Silver Member , Tue 12-Feb-13 01:45 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800E Learning curve
     Reply message RE: D800E Learning curve/It is not too bad!
          Reply message RE: D800E Learning curve/It is not too bad!